Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ways to find out whether it is a Fling or the Real Thing

Sometimes something’s give us an instant feeling of joy and pleasure but on a long run they don’t work for us. Sometimes we never give them a chance and then regret it later. The choice becomes even more difficult when you are sexy women with good flirting skills.
You are never sure if it’s a thing for real or just as you know ‘short term happiness’.

I still remember the eve of my 35th birthday when I planned to take a vacation away from everyone in my own style. So I collected some of my savings and decided a lone trip of 2 weeks to Greece. Just to stay and feel prepared I browsed through travel websites and guide books. I wanted to keep my mornings empowering so I filled it with activities like poolside Pilates and sunrise meditation. For evenings I planned good books and other new ways of relaxation.


For the first 2 days in Greece I strictly followed my plan. Then Sam entered and things changed. Sam was a good looking guy with attractive sense of humour hired by my hotel to guide me with the scooter driving and for him I was one of sexy women he was very willing to flirt with. The guiding went well and before leaving asked me for a drink. I immediately accepted. I went and enjoyed. All my plans of spending time with myself were gone by now as I was having fun with Sam. I really started liking him. Then spending time together told me more about him, one day he told me that he was legally married but officially separated from his wife of 8 years, instead of being suspicious I felt bad for him.

We went out next evening and then the things continued till my last day and last moment. While parting me and Sam promised to stay in touch, our eyes were watery and it was sad and dramatic. Then things were different, there were obstacles like different time zones, ex-wife, friends, etc. After a month Sam informed me that he was buying a one way ticket to New-York. I definitely missed him but honestly the idea of living with him and sharing everything for an indefinite time dropped a bombshell on me. I tried telling him about the obstacles like visa complications and all but he was eager to come so after much discussion he finally arrived. Things went well for a week but soon the charm took off, it was getting prematurely serious and painfully monotonous.

One day I overheard Sam’s talking to his wife on Skype, she was complaining about abandoning her and escaping his responsibilities. I felt she was right. By then I knew why we were together, it was just because I was bored and he was alone and we good being flirt. There was no real thing there. He too realised it and we decided to move on to our own ways and this time it was not as sad as it was in Greece. It took some time to realise but sometimes you are willing to take the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment